Q: What can I expect when I get there?
One thing we are known for is the comprehensive and thorough approach we take with everything we do in our practice.
The first step is always to determine if you are in the right place. We don’t want to waste your time, nor ours.
That’s why we always start with a conversation (aka case review or consultation) so that your doctor can learn more about you and your health objectives. At the same time, its an opportunity for you to get a feel for our office, meet your doctor and ask any questions you may have.
By the end of this conversation both you and your doctor will have a good idea if Reconnect is the right place for you.
If they feel like they can help, the doctor will recommend a Comprehensive Neuro-SpinalExamination to dig deeper into what is going on. These tests are completely non-invasive and very comfortable.
The purpose of this examination is to analyze for structural distortions in your spine that result in nerve interference. This nerve interference can effect you in ways that you may notice or feel, but more importantly it can effect you in ways you may have no idea about.
In our experience, these structural distortions are the primary problem that contribute to many secondary problems such as back pain, neck pain, headaches, digestive issues, hormonal irregularities, poor focus or ability to concentrate, poor sleeping, and low energy to name a few.
There are 5 steps to the Comprehensive Neuro-Spinal Examination:
- Thermography Study – This computerized test measures how your autonomic nerves (the nerves that control your organs and systems) are functioning.
- Electromyography Study – This computerized test measures how your motor nerves (the nerves that control your muscles) are functioning.
- Spinal Motion Analysis – This test measures how well your spine moves through a variety of specific movements.
- Advanced Palpation Examination – This hands-on analysis allows the doctor to evaluate the movement and position of your individual spinal vertebrae.
- Structural Radiographs – This test specifically measures for structural distortions in the spine and for how long they have been present.
Once the examination is completed, we have some homework to do!
We will review all of your results and come up with specific recommendations for you that include:
- Exactly what is going on.
- What options you have.
- How we can help you.
- How long it will take.
- How much it will cost.
Once all your questions are answered and you and your doctor come to an agreement on your unique plan of action, your care can start right away.